- Promote and develop economic initiatives of benefit to communities in Cornwall, through working in partnership with the public, private and voluntary sectors.
- Provide and support co-operative initiatives between the voluntary and community sector and public and private agencies to foster community gain.
- Provide high quality training and capacity building for voluntary and community organisations, leading to increased transferable skills, and better delivery of local projects.
- Provide management expertise and support services to projects of community benefit.
- Maximise skills in the workforce to develop innovative ways to support voluntary and community organisations in Cornwall.
- Act as an advocate for communities and volunteers.
- Play a part in the strategic future of the voluntary and community sector in Cornwall, and lead by example.
- Champion small voluntary community organisations in Cornwall.
- Work towards self-sufficiency as an organisation, with less dependency on grant funding.
We work in partnership with other organisations to ensure that:
- Information can be disseminated quickly, giving the opportunity to ‘hit the ground running’ when opportunities arise.
- Resources are maximised, and there is no re-invention of the wheel.
- Small grass-roots organisations are supported.
- Training needs are identified.
- Greater opportunities for community development from the bottom up are recognised.
- The voluntary sector becomes a powerful force with a voice: dozens of voices can shout louder than one.
Our trustees are all local residents who offer a wide range of skills, knowledge and experience.